The Many Stages of Financial Senior Abuse
The Importance of Taking Action and Protecting Senior and Retirement Clients
This training presentation is a comprehensive introductory analysis of the issue and trend of financial senior abuse, ideal for professionals that have clients across all demographics. The far-reaching ramifications of this issue impacts everyone.
The session focuses on Financial Senior Abuse Prevention – assisting senior and elder senior clients or vulnerable people, including the younger demographic clients that may genuinely assist or care for a senior family member or vulnerable person.
Providing in-depth insights for professionals to gain the necessary skills for assisting clients in an informed and proper professional way, including research and data, the many stages of financial senior abuse, and assisting clients to protect their finances.
Included are new industry guidance and the essential knowledge, we consider assisting clients, clients’ best interests, action steps case study analysis, clients and industry expectations, accountability, professionalism and ethics, and improving outcomes.
To understand the many forms and stages of financial senior abuse, the industry expectations, acting in clients best interests and taking reasonable steps.
To provide learning material for professionals that assists in understanding how they can assist clients and consider how to improve outcomes.
Provide educational resources and knowledge to assist with ethical conduct and professional development around a serious issue impacting so many seniors, elders and vulnerable people, including professionals and business.
- To learn how to identify the different forms and stages of this very serious issue and unwanted trend of financial senior exploitation and fraud – financial abuse.
- To comprehend the enormity and scope of the problem and realise the responsibility to assist in a professional and proper way.
- To recognise the client may need their professional adviser to assist and that acting in the clients best interests is of importance in order to prevent wealth abuse, loss of client’s means to support lifestyle and dignity, and eventually loss of client.
Fee: $165 (incl. GST)
Course Activities & Materials
- Powerpoint presentation video
- Facts & Figures handout and Financial Senior Abuse PDF
- 5 Quiz Questions
- A Certificate of Completion for attendees is provided on completion of the course.
- The Certificate of Continuing Professional Development will be emailed within five business days.
This training course is Accredited by the Financial Planners Association (FPA).
On completion of the presentation and answering the quiz questions, a CPD Certificate Statement and Tax Invoice (if applicable) from Protecting Seniors Wealth Pty Ltd will be emailed to you within 5 business days.
For the purposes of Tax Practitioners Board CPE, each 1 hour of CPD equates to 1 hour of CPE.
Thank you for attending the training course.