Title: The Responsible Professional Management of Financial Abuse Driving Better Outcomes
This accredited training is designed to help professionals protect clients and avoid loss of clients and investments and covers a range of protective resources for assisting clients – essentially the many all-important aspects in protecting clients, investments, professionals.
Delivered by a recognised Expert.
An ideal training for professionals, management and support staff as part of a Responsible Management informative session to fully realise the obligations around clients best interests and the issue that impacts so many clients. Of the many key benefits, two key components are effectively helping clients avoid, or deal with, financial abuse situations and in the process by doing so well, avoid breach of fiduciary duty and complications, costs, consequences, and media ‘naming shaming’ associated.
- Eminent Legislation, Issue Legislation & New Developments
- Responsibility to Assist Clients – Clients Best Interests & Taking Reasonable Steps
- The Many Stages of Financial Abuse – The Benefits of Being Proactive
- Essential Steps for Prevention of Many Situations
- Protecting Seniors Wealth Guide Analysis and Applications
- Protecting Your Clients Financial Position – Costs, Components, The Impacts
- Ethical Behaviour and Professional Conduct
- Key Industry Experts and Professionals Interviews with Presentations on:
Legal Considerations, Obligations, Requirements, New Expectations, Fiduciary Duty, Taking Reasonable Steps, Commentary, Discussions, Guidance.
Duration: 3.0 Hours
Accreditation: 3 CPD Hours
Regulatory Compliance and Consumer Protection, Professionalism and Ethics
- Video presentations from leading experts
- Wide range of Case Studies
- Protecting Seniors Wealth Guide (PDF)
- The FSC Guide To The Prevention of Elder Financial Abuse (PDF)
- Quiz Questions
- Certificate of Completion by Protection Seniors Wealth for Accreditation (download)
- Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (emailed following completion)
Thank you for attending the training course.